Tuesday, March 29, 2011

so much going on...catching up

Finally an hour to catch up on all that has been happening. So excited about the Pottstown Garden club photography contest. Unfortunately, my new garden will not be in full bloom until after the April 30th deadline. I am hoping they run it again next year, so we can all capture our summer gardens for submission..

I discovered a wonderful new and interesting place for entertainment. There is a charming Artisan style Bed and Breakfast.. way up in Bally. Landhaven is owned by a delightful couple, Ed and Donna Land and They have been restoring the former Huff's Church store. They have adapted large store area into a fabulous BYOB venue for singer song writers. They can seat approx 80 people and have added a great sound system. On the other side of the building they created 5 terrific guest rooms, all with state of the art spa baths. I like that they gave each room it's own name reflecting previous owner's of the store. They have a full venue of concerts and its all on their website www.landhavenbandb.com. A must check out for the music lovers.

I also recently visited the Reading/Berks fine arts and crafts festival in Kutztown. After experiencing the OJR arts and craft show...it was a bit disappointing. It was a smaller show and although they did have wonderful music It lacked the diversity of the OJR show.

On the way home, I did satisfy my thirst for artistic inspiration with a visit to the Dancing Tree Creations,off rte 73.(www.dancingtreecreations.com) Lynn and Beth have increased their offerings greatly and are adding an outside garden art section for the spring. It was great to visit and pick up a few gifts and hear their plans. I know it will be exciting. You must check them out....

So now.. I will just wait until the temperatures are warm enough to get started in my new gardens. Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment