Thursday, March 3, 2011

Home Show in Oaks

It was a blustery but bright day for my trip to the Suburban Home Show in Oaks..and worth the trip and the entrance fee..I wasn't able to attend on the Free day Thursday, but this show definitely was worth it. When I entered I was delighted with the sight of beautiful Landscape designs complete with grass and flowers surrounded by waterfalls...and if that doesn't get one's heart in the mood for spring, I don't know what will.

The vendors where the usual heating systems,all kinds of windows and awnings, roofing contractors and other hard building suppliers, but also grand spa's and wonderful outdoor lighting, drapery workrooms and garden suppliers. There where gift and food vendors and even a few musicians as well as entire modular home that you could walk through..and boy,they have come a long way in design and layout.

They also had an interesting schedule of speakers on a variety of subjects... but I was not able to attend at the time they were scheduled.

I was taken in by one supplier selling exotic flowering bulbs that I have never seen before. Before I knew it my checkbook was out and my new garden spots all planned. Now I just have to wait til planting time.

This show was definitely worth the entrance fee and if you didn't make it this year, put it on your schedule for next year.
My next adventure will be the Valley Forge Home Show March 24th thru 27th. My only concern is whether or not to take my check book...

No comments:

Post a Comment