Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Your.. Design Blog....

Welcome to my first blog.

As you can see, this is going to be a community blog about all things Design...and Design IS history.... It is going to be particularly fun for me to explore the greater Pottstown area for all things pertaining to residential design (both historic and present). That is a huge "umbrella" description. So... I will be welcoming your suggestions with regard to what you would like to explore and discuss in this blog.

I am not from this area...I am from the Lakes Region of NH...where "On Golden Pond" was filmed...(and oldie with Henry and Jane Fonda and Katherine Hepburn)...Worth watching if you've not seen it..Or... as Robert Frost observed.. "where we have nine months of winter.. and three months of Damn poor sledding".

I am hoping that with my "fresh eyes" and curiosity... We will together discover your town/region in a different way...I find it to be quite beautiful and historic and worth talking about...even as it is in a period of economic transformation..

Anyway...my goal is that I spark some curiosity and interest in the Tri-County area and its design history... I hope that you will take a few minutes and tell me what you would like to explore ...Is there a local garden or favorite nostalgic spot that you would like to share with your neighbors?...or perhaps there is a wonderful building/home you would like to know more about?...Historic or otherwise... Someplace you might like me to research and share with you?...I have digital camera... and lots of knowledgeable friends... and a couple of hours a week for an adventure.

Or perhaps your interested in Interior Design trends and would like to know what the new color and style trends are?.. Or maybe you know of a wonderful crafts person or artisan you would like to bring to my attention..and have me interview and report on...I will happily receive all your ideas.

I am going to enjoy writing and researching on your behalf.. and I hope.. that with your in-put... this will be your "go-to blog" once a week for design inspiration..

Until next week...this is the Design Sleuth...

3 comments:

  1. I thought I would be the first to say you did a beautiful job on your blog. I'm impressed!
    Have fun with your new venture!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, it was great meeting you last week at the Community Media Lab. Congratulations on the launch of your blog. It's sure to be well read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn,
    I'd love to know more about some local gardens- Welkinweir is one and Swiss Pines in Phoenixville is another. Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete